Sunday, July 13, 2014

Rainy Day Blues





I don’t know about you, but I love it when it rains. I guess I’m in the right place then, because it seems that every afternoon in New Orleans we get a shower. Some days they are mild and other days they are monsoons but rain never the less. Today I decided it would be the perfect day to have an easy but delicious Crockpot meal so I could enjoy the serenity of the rain instead of tending to the food in the kitchen. I opted to make a succulent Pot Roast with carrots, onions and potatoes. It’s the perfect meal balanced with proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Did I mention biscuits too? Well that’s where the “fats” come in!  Every southern woman knows that a meal isn’t complete without a biscuit (or two)!

Biscuits for the Roast and vegetables to be placed over.


My Husband likes his biscuits open faced and "sloppy" style! :)


The finished product! Perfect meal for a rainy day!

Be sure to check out the recipe after the break...


Succulent Pot Roast
5 lbs beef roast
1 envelope of onion soup mix
1t garlic powder
1t salt
1T fresh parsley (chopped)
1t fresh ground pepper
8 oz cleaned baby carrots
5 medium russet potatoes (cubed)
1 medium onion (cubed)
3 cups of hot water

This is a quick and easy recipe for any night of the week! Place all cleaned items in the bottom of a crock-pot.  Mix the soup mix with the water and pour over all the other ingredients. Cook the meal on low for 8-10 hours and serve over biscuits! The key to this meal is that if the meat is not falling apart then it’s not ready. You should be able to gently stick a fork into the roast and it fall apart!
Enjoy friends!





Lovely flowers that always enjoy the rain as much as I do!