Sunday, August 10, 2014

Right as Rain!


Like I’ve said before, rain is one of my all time favorite parts of nature. There is something so soothing and relaxing about the appearance as well as the sound of rain. This weekend was my first weekend to work, but I still got to enjoy some moments at home while it poured on our sweet cottage. When I was younger, my dad and I would put on our rain gear and walk through our sleepy subdivision in Mississippi. If I would have had time, I would have done that this weekend too and reminisced about those wonderful memories! It’s funny how moments that seem so simple at the time can be some of the most valuable and memorable. Here are some of the moments that captured my attention while the rain soothed this city!


The view down our sleepy street as it rains

Rain dripping on the flowers out front

Fresh Butterscotch Haystacks for my sweet husband


Letters to our family back home. Sometimes its fun to get "snail mail" in such an "email" day in time

Soothing Lavender candle that reminds us to relax and take each day as it comes

No rainy day is complete without some assorted chocolates

Reminiscing about our wedding day a little over a year ago

Sometimes the "little" things, turn out to be the "big" things in life! Thanks for reading!