As summer comes to an end and fall is close upon us I felt it was only right to make fresh blueberry muffins one last time before blueberries are out of season. My mom always made fresh blueberry muffins for my family growing up and it’s a tradition I would like to carryon with my family in the future. She would wake up early and have them baking in the oven on Saturday mornings. To me, they signified that the weekend was upon us and our family was together. Me and my brother could smell them through the vents in our rooms and it smelled just like “home”. Here is the recipe I love to use especially with the streusel topping! Please enjoy!
Blueberry Muffins with Streusel topping
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed (cold)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 ½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1-cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in fresh blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1/4 cup butter. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the pre-heated oven, or until done.
- Serve with fresh fruit and bacon or sausage!
Flour mixture combined
|Cleaned fresh Blueberries|
|Batter before adding the blueberries|
Batter mixed together
Batter with streusel topping- YUMM
|Finished product! So delicious with fresh fruit, bacon and coffee :)|
Sizzling bacon to have along side the muffins
My Little helper doing what he does best... Relax :)
With fall quickly approaching, next up on the menu for muffins will be Pumpkin! Thanks for reading and I hope you all are having a wonderful week!